SriLanka is one of the countries where you can visit and have a memorable holiday. There are many exciting holiday destinations you should visit and make your vacation a great one. Here are some of the most exciting destinations in SriLanka.
- Arugam bay is situated in the dry zone of South East coast of SriLanka. This is a great tourist destination where you can engage in surfing and other beach games. If you enjoy fishing, this is a perfect place for you to visit. There are also hotels, restaurants and shops where you can enjoy shopping your favourite products.
- This is a SriLankan coastal city popular for its golden beaches making it a great tourist destination. The town is famous for international tourists and it hosts a lot of proclaimed hotels where you can enjoy meals from different cultures from around the world. If you like drinks, the town is famous for production of Toddy, which is an alcoholic beverage manufactured from coconut nectar.
Bundala National Park
- If you enjoy watching animals, then you should visit Bundala national park. This is a great destination where you can watch thousands of bird species. In addition, the area is also popular for its abundant aquatic life where you can enjoy watching a lot of animal that live in water. Bundala national park also habits many other animals such as crocodiles, turtles, elephants, leopard and other animals. Running along the coast east of Hambantota, the park is perfect for immediate gratification. You can enjoy taking a four hour jeep ride and enjoy seeing crocodiles, elephants, flamingos and giant squirrels.
- This is another great holiday destination that has the biggest and well preserved cave temple complex in the country. Dambula also has the largest rose quartz mountain range in the entire south Asia. There are also many other archaeological sites which you can visit during your holiday. Here you get to see cave temples that give evidence on the presence of the traditional civilizations before the arrival of the Indians.
- This is one of the great destinations that offer a lot of natural beauty. There are a lot of things to do and see in Kalpitiya. Unlike many other destinations which offer more or urban life, here you get to enjoy life away from the major cities in Sri Lanka. You will enjoy watching the night fishing boats and visits one of the fish markets where you can enjoy an evening meal from the fresh catch. When exploring the coastline, you can take leisure rides and canoe trips down the river. You can also take 4WD jeep rides as you move along the deserted sand dunes. The rides will offer you a great way of watching the beautiful evening sunsets.
- This is a small town popular for the wildlife sanctuary which is a great spot for tourists because of the many elephants found here. It is located near Habarana which has many high class hotels where you can rest and enjoy great meals.
Make sure you apply for Sri Lankan visas for you to be permitted to gain entry into the country. Apply prior to your visit to avoid last minute inconveniences that may occur.