Many say that 2010 is the year of new beginnings. In fact, many friends I’ve spoken to say that January 2010 has been the pinnacle month for making drastic changes in their life. Frankly, I think it’s all crap. The Gregorian calender was made in part to measure the movement of the celestial bodies, but I think it it a continuous reminder of how finite our lives really are (certainly by 1582 they realized that). In all, 2010 has no more importance than 1974 or 1312. I’m not a pessimist, but a realist: the time we have on this planet is short. You can either work, play, find a happy medium of both, or play while working. The latter is what this blog is all about. I have not changed anything in my life over the past 10 – 15 years (well, small changes sure) and this public display of what’s happening through my eyes is intended for my friends, family and anyone else keen on doing things differently in their lives. From skiing in Zermatt, Switzerland, to sipping Mersault on a wintry afternoon in France; from biking in Girona, Spain, to eating steamers and chowdah in Marblehead, MA, I hope that within these rambles you’ll find something interesting to entertain and advise. If you have any comments, don’t keep them to yourselves. Let me know what you think – all comments will be answered in due time, regardless of how finite time is.
I’ve spent over fifteen years in the outdoor industry, specifically in adventure travel. From time to time I’ve tried to maintain what my friends had called a “real” job, but for some reason I’ve been drawn to the outdoors and continue my profession where there are no walls defining my office space or my cubicle – all the more reason why I do not understand contemporary television: I don’t relate to it and I don’t want to More here
- 5 items to pass the time on a long flight !
- Things to Do in and Around Phoenix Arizona
- Family or a honeymoon travel : Tips for good fishing in Mauritius
- Travel tips : Vietnam Climate – Destination- Appropriate plan
- How to Travel and Work in Australia for an Extended Vacation
- Experience the Deep Waters
- World Travel Guides Reference Egypt As An Incredible Vacation Spot
- Travel Advices for UK , India and Egypt Travel
- Some reasons why do not take pictures on your trip
- Discover the Lavezzi islands
- Vietnam trekking : What to visit in Vietnam according to the Huffington Post?
- The best diving spots in Peru
- Great plan to visit Le Mont-Saint-Michel
- Budget for a trip to Paris
- Mexico – Campeche city – where to stay and eat
- Exciting Holiday Destinations Of Sri Lanka
- Lakes & Hills – Nainital and Ranikhet – Part I
- Why visit Germany?
- Where to go on a trip to Seoul
- Halong Bay and Lan ha bay what to do
- What to do in Hai Phong and Lan Ha bay cruise
- How to find a cheap flight to Vietnam and to prepare your bag for Vietnam trip
- Purgatory and Greenline Velo: the Path to Illumination
- Andiamo in Kuota: A new discovery in the Dolomites
- Flemish Fun
- Good Winter Riding
- More Magic Powder from Vail
- New “Kuotes” from Kuota
- A Bicerin in Torino: Not your Everyday Latte
- Garmin Garmin Garmin Chameleon
- La Thuile: The Best Skiing in both France and Italy
- An Alpine Guide for Your Pocket: Cycling in the French Alps
- In Defense of Lindsey Vonn: Get the Medals, Ignore the Hype.
- Wrapped and Ready to Roll
- A Tale of Two Tires
- Competences et Talents Part II
- Come to Courmayeur
- Salomon XWing Fury All-Mountain Skis
- First Ascent Point Success Jacket & Mountain Guide Jacket
- Skiing in Les Karellis
- Another one of France’s hidden secrets: La Féclaz
- Compètences et Talents – Living in France
- 2010 New start?
All-Mountain Skis Alpine Skiing Alps a trip to Seoul budget Chambéry Chameleon Come to Courmayeur Compètences et Talents cooking Courmayeur Cycling Dolomites europe France Garmin Garmin Garmin Guide Halong Bay in Hai Phong Italy Jacket Kharma-Race La Féclaz Lakes & Hills Lan ha bay Lan Ha bay cruise Lindsey Vonn Mountain Guide Jacket Nainital preparation Purgatory and Greenline Velo the Path to Illumination Ranikhet Salomon XWing Fury Ski Skiing ski jacket tips travel Travel Tips Vienam Vietnam) Visa What to do Where to go Where to go on a trip to Seoul
Travel Blog http://headtu.be